What is an OpenCV?
OpenCV is a programming library that consists of various programming functions. OpenCV is aimed at real-time computer vision. OpenCV was initially developed by Intel. After several years of development, it was supported by Willow Garage and finally by Itseez. It is an open-source programming library that can be accessed by everybody at any time. Another great advantage of OpenCV is that it is a cross-platform library. It can be used on different platforms such as Android, Microsoft, and iOS. Some of the basic functions of OpenCV are processing images and performing varied computer vision tasks. Other tasks that are also highly significant and are used in different areas by different programmers are face detection, objection tracking, landmark detection, and many such investigative activities. OpenCV supports multiple programming languages such as Python, C++, and Java.
Common Applications of OpenCV
OpenCV is a very popular open-source library that has many uses in daily lives. Some of the common applications are-
- Face Recognition
- Automated Inspection and in Surveillance
- Counting the population for example foot count in a mall
- Counting the number of vehicles on the road and measuring their speed
- Installation of interactive arts
- Detection of any kind of anomaly or defects in a manufacturing agency
- Stitching street view image
- Search and retrieval of videos and images
- Control and navigation of automatic cars
- Robotics facilities
- Recognition of Objects
- Medical Image Analysis
- 3D motion movies
- Recognition of TV channels advertisements
Advanced Application of OpenCV
- Localization facility – This facility allows automatically locating the determining robot.
- Navigation facilities.
- OpenCV avoids obstacles that might occur while programming.
- Assembling robots (welding, peg-in-hole, painting) to meet the demands of the programmers.
- Manipulation of data according to the programming requirements.
- HRI (Human-Robot Interaction) facility.
- OpenCV offers the Segmentation of both 2 Dimension and 3 Dimension applications.
- It allows the Detection and Classification of diseases
- It enables the reconstruction of human organs in 3D (for eg. Ultrasound or MRI)
- OpenCV allows robotics surgery that is vision-guided.
- Industrial automation
- OpenCV allows the inspection facilities to detect defects in automated machines.
- It allows the assembling of industrial materials.
- OpenCV plays an integral part in packaging labels and for reading barcodes.
- It can be of great utility while sorting different objects in industry.
- OpenCV understands and evaluates Objects such as OCR
- Security Application
- Can be used in Biometrics.
- It offers various Surveillance facilities.
- Application in transportation
- OpenCV is used in various Automatic vehicles.
- OpenCV offers driver vigilance monitoring.
Functions of OpenCV
Some of the common functions of OpenCV are-
- Detection of the object and varied programming features.
- Offers Geometry based monocular or stereo computer vision.
- Development of Computational Photography
- OpenCV can be used for machine learning and clustering
- OpenCV offers CUDA acceleration
- OpenCV plays a vital role in the processing and display of various images and videos.
OpenCV- Uses in Images and Videos
OpenCV is an open-source programming library that is inbuilt with multi-utility features. The primary characteristics of OpenCV are as follows-
- Reading and writing images
- Capturing and Saving Images
- Filtering and transforming images
- Performs varied features detection
- Detecting images such as the morphed images
- Analyzing videos
Two Vital Processes of OpenCV
Computer Vision is a technique by which the programmers can understand how images and videos are stored in a computer device. Programmers can also see how data are manipulated and data is retrieved from the device. Artificial Intelligence makes use of Computer Vision to investigate various highly secretive cases. Some of the other applications of Computer Vision are self-driven or automatic cars, Robotics, and editing applications.
Image and Video Processing
Image Processing is a multi-step process that allows a programmer to do some changes in an image to develop an enhanced image and also to retrieve significant information from an image. In other words, Image Processing is the manipulation and the analysis of a digital image essentially to improve and enhance its quality. Image Processing can be primarily done by following the three stages. The stages are as follows-
- Users first will have to import the image they want to process
- Analyze it in-depth and manipulate it according to the requirements using the opinions available
- Monitor the altered image and presentation of the report based on the image analysis.
How to install OpenCV?
Programmers can install OpenCV by following the below-mentioned stages.
- First, programmers can visit the official website of OpenCV
- Click on the download link that is provided on the OpenCV website. This action will then direct the programmers to the download page of OpenCV.
- Next, programmers should click on the file named ‘OpenCV-3.1.0.exe’ and the download process will eventually begin.
- Once the download is complete, the programmer can extract the file and then can generate and develop an OpenCV folder in the system.
- Next, the programmers should open the folder OpenCV, and build Java.
- An OpenCV file named OpenCV-310.jar will be available. This file must be saved in a separate folder for use in the programming.
Installing OpenCV in the Eclipse Environment
The Jar file that is downloaded in the system can be then installed and formatted in the Eclipse environment. The installation process is indicated below-
- First, the programmer must make sure that Eclipse is running in the system. If not, the programmers must-visit Eclipse’s official website to download and install it in the system.
- Next, the programmers must start eclipse and create a new project by clicking on the ‘file’, then the ‘new’, and then ‘open a new project’.
- A new project wizard will open. Programmers should select the Java Project and click on the “Next” button.
- The programmer should be able to see a New Java Project wizard.
- Then, the programmer should create a new project and click on ‘next’.
- Then, the programmer should Right-click on the newly created Java project and select Build Path.
- Then, click on the configure Build Path.
- The programmer will then be directed to the Java Build path wizard.
- Next, click on the “Add External JARs button.
- The programmer should select the path where they have saved the OpenCV-310.jar file for further use
- Then, they must click on the open button, and then the file will be added to the programmer’s library.
- Finally, the programmer should click on ‘OK’.
- To verify the added library, the programmer should expand the referenced libraries folder.
OpenCV Computer Vision Tools and Libraries
There are many OpenCV computer vision libraries. Some of the notable ones are-
- AForge.NET or Accord.NET
- Google Cloud
- Mobile Vision APIs
- Microsoft Azure
- Computer Vision API
- SciPy and NumPy
Students who have enrolled themselves in Computer Science courses in varied universities are taught OpenCV. OpenCV despite being open source software, is extremely complex and tricky. Students who lack the basic knowledge of programming will never be able to understand its aspects. Writing programs and developing them to build various applications being tougher, can never be handled by those students who do not attend the regular classes. These students cannot attend the classes regularly due to various other engagements that they might have. Often students also engage themselves in various part-time jobs and due to these, they are not able to attend the classes. This affects their knowledge and programming skills. Students require having certain basic ideas to complete the assignments that are set by the professors. These concepts are-
- Students must have adequate knowledge of the Object-Oriented programming
- Students must know the corePython
- Students should know how to handle different databases
- Programmers must have agile programming skills and development capabilities
Programming Languages that are supported by OpenCV
The primary programming languages that are supported by the OpenCV programming library are-
- JavaAndroid SDK
OpenCV Assignment Help Services
Students who are troubled by OpenCV assignments can seek the help of the OpenCV assignment help providers. These Assignment Help services comprise many OpenCV specialized programmers who have many years of experience in academic writing. These expert writers are trained professionals. They start working on the assignments as soon as they get the orders. They conduct thorough research and only include correct reference lists. These writers also are adept with various writing techniques. Students can rely on them completely for writing the assignments. No grammatical errors and errors in sentence construction will be found in the delivered assignments. Students after hiring these experts can give away the excess stress and concentrate more on their studies. These assignments carry a lot of marks and failing in one can lead to detrimental effects. Students cannot bear the loss of a year and so the OpenCV assignment help services are the best guide they can ask for at all times. These assignment services offer the assignment help at affordable rates and many also have a complete refund policy in case the assignments fail to meet the expected marks of the students.
Major Benefits of the OpenCV assignment help services
Some of the major reasons that draw students towards the OpenCV assignment help services are-
- Quality assignments
- Non-Plagiarized assignments
- On-time delivery of the assignments
- Affordable price
- Guaranteed Refund policy
- Total confidentiality of the students’ details
- Properly referenced assignments
How to order the OpenCV assignment help service?
Students can order the OpenCV assignment help service by following the below-mentioned steps-
- Visit the official website of the OpenCV assignment help services of your choice
- Order the assignment
- Add the study materials
- Add the university guidelines and the prescribed formats
- Mention the deadline
- Pay the mentioned price
- Track the assignment progress